Do you love your morning coffee, but hate the stains it leaves on your teeth? Indulging in coffee, red wine, or staining foods like dark berries is enjoyable, but it takes its toll on the brightness of your smile.
Fortunately, professional teeth whitening treatments can turn back the clock and restore your dull smile to its bright, youthful appearance.
At Conestee Family Dental, we know that good oral health is about much more than problem-free teeth. That is why we focus on restorative and cosmetic dentistry treatments that protect the health of your smile and help you feel great about the way you look.
Why Your Teeth Discolor
As you age, tiny pores open up in your teeth that attract food debris and stains. At the same time, dental enamel thins and exposes more of the yellowish layer of dentin beneath it.
But there are other factors that can add to tooth discoloration, too:
- Genetics – Some people are just born with brighter smiles than others. There’s not much we can do about genetics, but we can use teeth whitening to ensure your teeth are as bright as they can be.
- Medications – Certain medications can also lead to tooth discoloration. The antibiotic tetracycline, in particular, causes deep stains in the teeth. Others to be aware of are some antihistamines, antidepressants, and high blood pressure medications.
- Poor oral hygiene – If you don’t brush twice and floss daily, your teeth quickly start to take on a dull appearance.
- Staining foods and beverages – If you have a habit of consuming coffee, red wine, tomato sauce, dark berries, and acidic fruits, you will notice staining.
- Tobacco Use – The nicotine and tar found in tobacco produces ugly brown stains on your teeth that are difficult to remove.
Convenient Take-Home Whitening Kits
We are pleased to offer our patients the benefits of professional take-home whitening kits. Since our dentists supervise your treatment, we can use a strong whitening gel to dramatically brighten your smile. These products are far more effective than anything you can buy over the counter at your drug store.
Your take-home kit includes customized whitening trays that are made using impressions of your teeth and a prescription whitening gel. Since they fit over your teeth perfectly, the trays allow the gel to come into contact with all surfaces of your teeth evenly. The customized fit also prevents the gel from coming into contact with your soft tissue and causing sensitivity.
Using the kit is easy – just place the gel in the trays and wear for about 20 to 30 minutes a day for a period of two weeks. At the end of this time, you can expect to see a smile that’s as much as eight shades brighter! You can use your trays and any remaining gel for touchups as needed.
Please Call Us to Arrange an Appointment
If you are tired of hiding your smile because of dull or stained teeth, please call our Greenville, SC dental office. We will be happy to arrange an appointment with one of our doctors to discuss your needs and see how we can help you love your smile again!